Online Registration Portal for ITT, OP and GMCS Courses on All India Basis
Board of Studies and IT Directorate of ICAI jointly have developed “ Online Registration Portal for GMCS, ITT and Orientation Programs” for Registration/ Allocation of Batches for ITT, OP and GMCS courses to facilitate the students to register themselves from anywhere anytime for any training centre of ICAI across India. The Online portal provides the facility for any time online registration for courses, selection of batches / location, batch transfer, faculty allocation and scheduling by POU, online feedback, online certificate generation etc. The online portal consists of 4 modules namely “Student Module”, “Faculty Module”, “POU Module” and “HO Admin Module”. The key features of each of modules are as stated below:
Key features:Students Module:
- Register online from anywhere in any open batch.
- Register in waiting list with preferred location.
- Payment through offline/online mode.
- Integration with ICAI students Database.
- Single Sign-on for all the courses.
- Transfer to another batch.
- Submit feedback online.
- Generate the completion certificates online..
- Register online for all courses at POU.
- Single Sign-on.
- Edit / Modify Registration.
- Receive Approval / Disapproval status.
- Launch of batch for all courses.
- View the status of batch registration.
- Access data of faculties for different subject registered on portal.
- Get the list of registered students for each batch with payment details to reconcile.
- Print batch-wise/student-wise attendance sheet.
- Generate report to claim the money from respective branch, in case of batch transfers by students.
- Generate MIS for Batches organised, students participated for reconciliation purpose of each course.
- Approve / disapprove the faculty after registration.
- Approve the attendance of Students.
HO Admin Module:
- Monitor students registration course-wise and POU wise.
- Monitor faculty registration course-wise and POU wise.
- Monitor feedback forms filled by the students.
- Monitor student’s attendance at POU level.
- View online ITT examination report POU wise.
- Facility to add new POU.
- Report Generation – Batch wise student and faculty reports, Batch wise student’s attendance report, batch wise certificate generation etc.
The 35 hrs of Orientation Programme has been designed to make CAs complete Business Managers with an all-round personality encompassing Managerial Skills, Soft Skills and Communication. As per guidelines, a student has to undergo Orientation Porgramme before joining as an Articled Assistant.
Objective of this program is to equip the entrants of the profession with some essential skills, such as -
- To familiarize the entrants with various dimensions of the Indian Accountancy Profession.
- To develop effective communication and presentation skills.
- To groom and motivate the entrants to be knowledgeable and skilled professionals.
- To expand the significance of practical training in the life of a professional.
- To foster values such as integrity, transparency and Independence in the budding professionals.
- To develop effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Information Technology Training
The 100 hours IT training is required for CA students to get thorough knowledge/understanding
of the concepts of Information Technology tools and techniques useful for their
professional life. Considering the importance of IT, ICAI has introduced 100 hours
IT Training in its course curriculum at Intermediate level to provide synchronization
between theoretical knowledge and practical application of IT. The curriculum of
the Information Technology Training has been designed in a manner so as to provide
the students an exposure to the practical technicalities of the subject and to enhance
their IT skills set to meet the challenges of the global business world.
The highlights of the 100 hours of ITT programme are as follows:
- The 100 hours ITT is moduled for a period of maximum 40 days @ 3-5 hours per day on full time basis.
- The training components would focus on application software relevant for accounting and auditing. In addition, knowledge of Operating Systems like Windows 7, MS-Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Data Base Management Systems, Web Technology and System Security and E-Filing are strengthened.
- The 100 hours ITT has been linked to theoretical knowledge imparted through Paper on Information Technology. It has been planned to synchronize theoretical knowledge with practical.
- A student has to complete 100 hours ITT before commencing his practical training.
- The 100 hours ITT is carried out through Regional Offices and Branches of the ICAI which would charge a separate fee of Rs.4000.
The 15 days full time Course on General Management and Communications Skills has been introduced to equip the entrants to the profession with interpersonal and management skills and provide exposure to the contemporary issues in the ever changing socioeconomic scenario. This course is undergone by the students (who have joined articleship training on or before 30th April, 2012) after completion of 2 years of articleship training and is a prerequisite for membership enrolment of the Institute under Regulation 51A/72A.The GMCS Course aims to equip the entrants of the profession with some essential skills, such as-
- General Management and Business Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Group Discussion Skills
- Client Interaction Skills
- Legal document Preparation Skills
- To enable the participants to become more confident and capable of using the knowledge gained while doing the Chartered Accountancy Course
- To increase the level of awareness of Management theory and Practice with the ultimate aim of self development
The 15 days full time Course on General Management and Communications Skills-I has been developed to make CAs Complete Business Managers (versus just accountants) with an all-round personality encompassing managerial skills, soft skills, time management skills and interpersonal skills and negotiation skills. This course is undergone by the students (who have joined articleship training on or after 1st May, 2012) during their 1st year of articleship training and completion of GMCS-I Course is a regulatory requirement under Regulation 51A/72A.The GMCS-I Course aims to equip the entrants to the profession with some essential skills, such as-
- To develop effective communication and presentation skills
- To inculcate business acumen and public relation skills
- To develop all round personality with mature outlook to function effectively in different atmosphere
The 15 days full time Course on General Management and Communications Skills-II has been administered when a CA student is about to complete articleship training and look for full time employment. He/she has some experience working as an article and needs to be prepared to take on even larger responsibilities. This course is undergone by the students (who have joined on or after 1st May, 2012) during 19th and 36th month of articleship training and completion of GMCS-II Course is a regulatory requirement under Regulation 51A/72A.The GMCS-II Course aims to equip the students to the profession with some essential skills, such as-
- To sharpen communication and presentation skills
- To develop inter-personal and leadership skills
- To provide an understanding of contemporary business environment and opportunities
- To prepare the student for a career either in employment or in practice, by coaching them to be adaptable and accountable
As per the Council's decision, students who registered for Practical Training on or before April 30, 2012 were required to undergo General Management Communication Skills (GMCS) Course before applying for membership of the ICAI as per Regulation 51A/72A of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988.
With a view to make the GMCS more effective, the Council at its 331st Meeting decided to discontinue the existing GMCS course with effect from 1st April, 2014 and directed that students registered for Practical Training on or before April 30, 2012 shall be required to undergo GMCS –II course only instead of existing GMCS course before applying for membership of the ICAI as per Regulation 51A/72A of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988.
In this connection, above students are advised to register at the portal www.icaionlineregistration.org or contact the nearest Regional Council/Branch for registration in GMCS-II Course.